The April issue of the Four Shires magazine is out now
This month’s issue is full to bursting with lots of fabulous reads. Between the covers you will find all of your regular favourites including:
- Out and About – There is plenty to see and do in our Four Shires this month
- The Arts – local galleries are full to bursting with some fabulous exhibitions to enjoy
- Countryman – Our very own Countryman considers stormy deliveries, snow in May and flowers that can’t work out what month it is!
- Food and Drink – Local restaruarant news and we chat to Neva of Neva Cullinary Affairs about her love for teaching others to cook
- Pictures from the Past – Another fabulous selection of pictures from the Four Shires archives; do you know anyone pictured?
Along with all of our regulars, we also have some wonderful feature pieces this month including:
- Jack and Hopit the Horse – Local authore, Serena Merton releases her debut novel about her Grandfather and his war horse Hopit
- Oxfordshire County library opens – We attend the opening of the Oxfordshire County Library
- In the studio with Chris Preece – we visit local artist Chris Preece in his King’s Sutton studio to find out how he went from panel beater to artist
- Sprucing up the Stately Home – The National Trust on how they have got a number of their Warwickshire properties ready for spring
- Home, Gardens and Outdoor Living – as part of our feature this month we take a look inside a fabulous buckinghamshire property, we learn the history of the bed and turn back time and take inspiration from the 1950s for our home decor.
- NGS – NGS gardens are back and we have a fabulous selection of them for you to visit in the Four Shires area this month
- What do Sherlock Holmes and Albert Einstein have in common? Brier Pipes still made in the traditional way in Litchborough
- Townswomens’ guild – The Towns Women’s Guild come together to celebrate International Womens Day at Banbury’s Whately Hall Hotel
- A Lesson from Auschwitz – A horrowing performance that leaves an impression on the team at Four Shires
This is just a small selection of the wonderful content you will find in the April issue of the magazine which you will find in shops locally now. Alternitively why not subscribe and never miss an issue again! Just £36 for 12 months, https://www.fourshires.co.uk/product-category/four-shires-shop/